Wendy Hill Cosmetics is the largest provider of professional makeup training programmes in New Zealand
Our Makeup Workshops are primarily held in Auckland but we also conduct workshops in association with Polytechs and private training institutes throughout the country from time to time.
They are designed for those working in the beauty profession, but are also suitable for beginners and experienced makeup artists who want to learn more about makeup and improve and update their professional makeup skills. We run two workshop modules as follows:
Bridal & Special Occasion Makeup Skills – Level One
This workshop is suitable for beginners or those with basic makeup experience who want to specialise in bridal makeup. It covers:
- planning and creating a bridal makeup
- client interviews
- makeup charts
- wedding styles
- colour coordinating the bridal party
- techniques to ensure makeup lasts in all conditions and photographs beautifully
- special occasion and dressed-up makeup.
Advanced Makeup Skills – Level Two
This workshop has been introduced to provide more advanced makeup training. The workshop will enable you to take your professional skills to a higher level, focusing on the advanced techniques required to maximise wedding, ball, portrait, fashion and magazine photography. It covers:
- advanced makeup artistry (including glamour and evening makeup, smoky eyes etc)
- face shaping (highlighting and shading to enhance natural features for the camera)
- face framing (techniques to frame the face, maximising definition and balance)
- corrective makeup (the best products and techniques for remedial makeup)
- how to work with different skin tones and skin types (including dark and Asian skin tones and mature makeup – what works and what doesn’t)
Other more specialised and advanced workshops are scheduled from time to time in response to industry demands.
Click on the workshop title to download a PDF registration form, or call us on Auckland (09) 418-2998 or 0800 WENDYHILL toll free for more information or to register.
Register for our newsletters to have workshop details emailed to you when dates are confirmed.
Advanced Makeup Skills – Level II