Easy summer makeup looks
by Hayley Morrell
Wendy Hill Cosmetics Makeup Artist
Summer…. A time to create luminous glowing skin with little effort. Looks that can carry you through from iced tea with the girls first thing to a gorgeous sunset cocktail party.
Soft natural palettes, paired with bronzed-goddess blushes, dressed up for evening events with bright, bold long wearing matte lippies.
Create these 3 summer looks with ease using just 5 Wendy Hill products!
Bold brow/nude lip
Polished, minimalist look, that has an air of sophistication. Recreate this look using the following Wendy Hill products:
1. Pressed or loose Mineral foundation applied with a Kabuki brush is perfect for covering imperfections but allows the skin to breathe naturally.
2. Mineral blusher ‘I’m Blushing’ - along the cheek bones gives a glowing definition to add contour to the face.
3. Brow stencil kit - creates sculpted brows in either Taupe or Brown Black, and the stencils come in fine, medium and full to accommodate all brow shapes. This is the way to have immaculate brows daily regardless of imperfections. I can't rave about this product enough, and for this look, the bolder the better!
4. Black waterproof mascara - Apply lashings of this volumising mascara with the spiral brush provided to define the eyes
5. First Love matte lipstick - Highly saturated in pigment and velvety to the touch, this nude shade is perfect for a 'no-makeup' makeup look. And completes this look with just enough colour to evoke interest and create balance.
The sunkissed, beach babe look is always good for a relaxed natural setting. Adding bronzer to your summer regime makes your eyes look brighter, your teeth look whiter and your skin more radiant!
1. Tinted Moisturiser - This anti aging tinted moisturizer not only gives your skin a gorgeous glow but has anti aging properties as well as the ever important SPF30
2. Blondi brow pencil - Will define brows but applied with light hair strokes gives the illusion of natural definition.
3. Champagne eye dust - For a beach babe shimmer simply swipe your blender brush along the lash line and allow this luminous dust to work its magic
4. Bronzer - This bronzer defines, contours and highlights. Use as an all over bronzer but apply more over cheeks, collar bones and areas you wish to enhance.
5. Au Natural Lipstick - The ultimate nude lippy
Be bold, be brave and let the compliments flow!
Recreate the bottom left look using the following Wendy Hill products:
1. Jojoba liquid foundation - With SPF15 this is the ultimate buildable foundation where you can have as sheer or full coverage as you desire.
2. To create an even more luminous glow add a couple of drops of any Wendy Hill Candle Glow Highlighter and apply all over the face.
3. Anaconda eye shadow - This gorgeous colour is fabulous on its own or used as a base to blend with other colour. (My favorite combination is Anaconda and Infiltrate.)
4. Felt Tip eyeliner – For precision lines, great for winged eyeliner
5. Tiffany Matte Lipstick – Shortcake - Highly saturated in pigment these lipsticks have the ‘wow’ factor!