Spring makeup inspo has come in the form of 'The Flower Lady Series', from the very talented London based Beauty & Fashion Photographer, Sean Whitty (IG @seanwhitty). His Makeup Artist for this particular shoot, Sandz MUA, has let the eyes do the talking (but not so loud as to overtake that stunner of a floral crown!) with some cheerful yet subtle colour.
To recreate this look...
- Prep the skin with Velvet Veil, then correct and contour with the 5 shades in Camouflage Carousel. The lightest shade is great for lightening under the eye area or you could use Good Night’s Sleep. High redness or dark circles under the eye? Apply the magic solution - a little Yellow Camouflage and blend well.
- Even out skin tone by stippling Paramedical Foundation (which you can build up to heavier coverage where needed) then highlight with CandleGlow Highlighter in Pearly Pink. Just a few drops along the top of the cheekbones, under the brow line and above the cupids bow will do the trick.
- When you’re happy with the foundation, dust a really light coating of HD Finishing Powder over the face and apply some soft blush on the cheeks like 'Mango Glow' or 'Mild Pink'.
- Brows are beautifully enhanced but are still natural and not overdone. Brow Powder ‘Black Brown’ is perfect for this.
- The eyes are the feature and compliment the floral headpiece using pretty pastel shades. You could play with the Eyeshadow Quinset ‘Pastel Pretty’ or simply use the Eyeshadow Singles 'Pink Glow’ all over the lid, then 'Blue Velvet' and 'Winter Grape Matte’ blended in the inner and outer corners of the eye. Bonus pro tip! To intensify the colours, simply apply with a brush slightly dampened with 'Keep It On Sealer’.
- Apply False Lashes ‘Full - Medium’, then finish with Indelible Gel Eyeliner ‘Blackout’.
- Line the lips with Lip Pencil 'Pink Nude’, then apply the perfect shade from Lip Carousel 'Super Naturals’ or ‘Berry Delicious’.
- Finish with a little Wetlips for a pretty shine.
Overall, Spring makeup moves away from the deeper winter berry tones and lightens into fresh pops of pinks, purples and pretty cool tones.